To reach our vision as a trading and concession company in Indonesia and leading around the world, we need a strong commitment to leadership and implementation of governance in every decision-making. The principles of good corporate governance (“GCG”) support the Company’s ability to achieve its goals and provide added value in the relationship between the Company and its stakeholders. GCG is a fundamental aspect for a company to build trust between the stakeholders. The main point of GCG is to maintain resilience and adaptability to crises and ensure long-term growth opportunities are maintained.
The Board of Commissioners has collective duties and responsibilities in supervising the implementation of the duties and responsibilities of the Board of Directors, GMS resolutions, compliance, and providing advice, whether requested or not, to the Board of Directors regarding the implementation of GCG. The Board of Commissioners may request all necessary information from the Board of Directors along with granting special authority so that they can carry out their duties properly. The Board of Commissioners is elected, appointed, and dismissed by the GMS and is responsible to the GMS. The Board of Directors is jointly in charge and responsible for leading, managing, and carrying out the management of the company in accordance with the interests and objectives of the company. The Board of Directors takes all actions in managing the company by setting the company’s strategic direction in accordance with the company’s goals and utilizing, maintaining, and managing company assets for business purposes according to the restrictions set out in the Company’s Articles of Association.
The company has Business Ethics and Working Ethics (BEWE) that made for guidelines and norms for employees at work. In BEWE there is a set of rules of conduct that must be owned by all employees both in internal relations among employees and external parties of the company.the purpose of the BEWE rules are:
- Maintain the dignity, honor, image and credibility of the company.
- Avoid all conflicts of interest of employees in the company.
- Realizing good corporate governance within the company.
- Creating a good control environment within the company.
The implementation of BEWE within the company as stated in the BEWE policy is:
- Every employee and management must implement behavior that is guided by the company’s Business Ethics and Work Ethics.
- The Company adheres to the principle of “zero tolerance” for all forms of violation of the values contained in the provisions of Business Ethics and Work Ethics.
- The Company implements a prevention strategy against violations of Business Ethics and Work Ethics which includes tools that at least cover implementation and dissemination of Business Ethics and Work Ethics, development of an ethical culture, implementation of internal control and control of human resources.
BEWE’s policy regulates employee obligations that must be understood and carried out at work. In addition, every employee must also understand and avoid the prohibitions listed in the BEWE.
The company is fully committed to implementing efforts to minimize negative impacts on the environment and society, in addition to striving to improve social and environmental performance as well as positive impacts at the same time. The implementation of this commitment is supported by implementing comprehensive Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) risk management at every level in the organizational structure, in line with business objectives. The Risk Management Department plays a role in the implementation of risk management that focuses on business continuity, compliance with the implementation of good corporate governance principles, and optimizing business opportunities through measurable and well-managed risks.